Friday 11 October 2013

It’s been long time that I couldn’t post anything here, don’t ask me if its because I didn’t cook any healthy foods at home :)... Here I come with an another spinach dish, but this time as a dry recipe, and you have a choice too to add, I would not suggest to use it but if you are concerned more on the taste then yes, you can add few baked potatoes to this recipe.

As I have presented the nutritious facts about Spinach in my Keerai Sambar, jumping on to the recipe.. So, today’s healthy menu is the spinach with daal dry recipe, its tastes so good with chappathi or with the rice. This recipe is excellent for people like me, as I don’t like it as a main course but as a side dish to my rice/roti and you can do this recipe with any kind of spinach you wish..

 


Ingredients:
  • Spinach- a Bunch
  • Moong Dal- ½ Cup
  • Green chilies- 4 Nos
  • Coriander powder- ½ Tspn
  • Turmeric Powder-1/4 Tspn
  • Oil- 1 Tspn
  • Mustard Seeds-Few
  • Curry Leaves-Few
  • Dry Red Chilies- 3 Nos
  • Salt- To Taste
  • Ghee- 1 Tspn

Method:

  • Pressures cook the dal for 3 whistles and keep aside.
  • In a separate pan, pour oil add the mustard, curry leaves and dry red chilies and green chilies, garlic and sauté for a minute.
  • Add the spinach to this and sauté again for a minute.
  • Add the coriander powder and sauté again for a minute.
  • Pour little water, close and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the spinach is cooked.
  • Add the cooked dal to this and sauté well, till all the water evaporates.
  • Add the ghee to it and give a last stir.

Tips:

"If you do not want to add ghee, you can skip it.

Add more dal, as per your requirement."

Tagged:

0 comments :

Post a Comment