Friday 1 November 2013

I know most of you would have done with all your sweet preparation, how fun it would be to spending time with family friends, sharing sweets, oil bath, crackers :) I really miss my family.. wish I could make it atleast next year.. this post is for someone who still looking to prepare some snacks..Kara sev is the most easiest snack to make and it’s a favourite for most of the people.



My Amma likes kara sev very much and she was much surprised when she heard that I made it rite. Those days they use to make kara sev out of the big ladle holes, but I just tried making it by the three hole idiyappam press which I have which made my job very easy as well. Store the kara sev in a air tight container so that the pepper and asafetida will mix up well and gives a good flavor to it. Here you go with the making. I wish all my readers a very happy diwali :)
 


Ingredients:
  • Gram Flour- 1 Cup
  • Rice Flour- ¾ Cup
  • Turmeric Piwder- a pinch
  • Asafoetida- ¼ Tspn
  • Cumin Seeds- ¼ Tspn
  • Pepper grinded coarsely-1/2 Tspn
  • Salt- To Taste
  • Butter- 2 Tspn
  • Oil- For Frying


Method:

  • Melt butter and mix with all the powders with enough water and to make a stiff dough.
  • With the help of three hole muruku press gently the dough into the hot oil.
Tips:
"Make the dough stiff, as if its loose, it may not come out properly from the hole."

Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment